- Education before Birth
- School/College Fees, RTE
- School/College ERP
- Education in Rural areas
- Education in Urban areas
- Number of Colleges
- Book Reading Habit
- Addiction: Drugs, Movies, Smart Phones, Games etc.
- Academic Calender : January to December
Education before Birth:
Need to give proper education to the people who all are about to become parents.
Who will take care: Ministry of Women & Child Development (GoI & Respective State Govs).
Contents: Complete guide for parents to conceive, give birth and nurture a healthy child.
How it works: WCD minister will identify experts of this field. They all will come together. They will discuss and design a course. Book reading habit among people is disappearing fast with time. So along with books we will also go for DVDs, PPTs and Apps. Languages: Respective state’s all native languages, Hindi and English. These will be made available to public. PPTs and Apps will be free; Books at discounted prices and DVDs at very reasonable rates (say Rs. 20-25 and should not be given for free). BBC, NGOs and Volunteers will help to reach the contents to exact beneficiaries. Experts need to be rewarded.
What’s new? It’s already there? => It is already there. But not yet reached to all people.
Education after Birth:
Home Play (0-4 Years) (Child will be in Home, He/She will not be in school or day care)
Pre Primary (5-6 Years) (Student will just come to school without bag: Education through Picture, Videos and Charts etc)
Primary (Std 1 - 4) (7-10 Years)
Post Primary (Std 5-8) (11-14 Years)
High School (Std 9-10) (15-16 Years)
Junior College (Std 11-12) (17-18 Years)
JODC (Job Oriented Diploma Courses) (17-18/19 Years)
Degree (19-21/22/23/23.5 Years)
After completing above education a student should be able to get/learn/achieve following outcomes:
Great Career/Entrepreneur & Financially Secure
Nice Home & Happy Family
Moral & Positive Values and Ideals
Peace of Mind
Understanding the true meaning of Life
Strong and Secure by all means
Ability to cope up with any type of situations/conditions/environments
Complete Knowledge of Surroundings & Expertise in any of his/her interested field
In Short: All Rounder.
Is our current education system achieved (or able to achieve) above outcomes?
If yes, continue with the system. If No, modify the system.
If your answer is No:
Is there any solutions?
Changing the Current Education System:
Primary Level: So many discussions are going on. Some franchisees are providing quality education. They are doing really great work. But they are working only in urban areas. They have not yet reached rural areas. Another major problem: costly education.
Education minister will head a committee consisting of experts of interested educational franchisees, their own educational board’s curriculum experts and other interested experts of the field. They will come together, discuss, merge everyone’s idea and come up with great curriculum.
Subjects like Moral Education, Sex Education, Health/Yoga/Meditation; Patriotic, Vedic Mathematics, “14 Vidya – 64 Kala” System of Education etc. need to be added as per expert’s suggestions.
After 8th standard: Student needs to choose the side (Arts, Commerce, Science, Education, Computers, Vidya, Kala, Sports, Defense, etc). Head Master or Principal’s decision will be final in this case. They are going to take proper decision by studying student’s ability/performance/interest etc.
- JODC (Job Oriented Diploma Courses) (17-18/19 Years): We need to concentrate on such courses. Education departments will come forward and open such colleges (at least one in each tehsil). Proper curriculum need to be designed. In India we are having such type of colleges with different names (ITI). Such institutes are failing to attract students. They are failing to give placements to eligible students. Some states already closed their all JODC colleges. It is right time to systematically study about what went wrong and take proper actions.
- Diploma Courses: It is the right time to stop all diploma (mainly polytechnic colleges) courses. Instead of diploma we can concentrate on JODC and degree courses.
- Certificate Courses with Levels: These are like add-ons/supplements/updations.
- Postal Courses/Degrees, Distance Courses/Degrees: Convert these into Online Courses/Degrees.
- Online Courses/Degrees: Along with regular degree courses we will be having Online Courses/Degrees in all fields. The perfect user friendly platform need to be designed. The same curriculum can be used. Interested students can register for courses. All relevant materials will be made available on internet (curriculum, notes, eBooks, video lectures, exam schedules etc). Students will study from home. Practice the labs in nearby colleges (in the evening). They apply for exams. Government will conduct their exams (like AMIE). Evaluate and Announce Results. Regular students can also use the same online materials (curriculum, notes, eBooks, video lectures etc).
- PG/Ph.D/Post Ph.D/R&D: Need to attract eligible students. Stipends and grant amounts needs to be increased. Need to design proper system so that only eligible beneficiary gets advantages.
- School/College ERP: Cloud Based ERP: Very few organizations are using ERP system. Reason: The price. Most of the managements are not ready to invest in ERP. Teachers need to do all works manually. It will take lot of time. Solution: A group of experienced people will develop required Open Source Cloud Based College ERP. Someone (Government or some IT Organizations) needs to take initiation. It saves lot of teacher’s time. The saved time can be utilized for teaching and focusing on student’s development.
- Number of Colleges: In the last decade hundreds of nursing colleges opened in one state and after some years fewer takers for nursing courses. As a result many colleges closed. Same thing happened with D.Ed colleges in many states. It is happening with engineering colleges. We have less number of students and huge number of seats in almost all the fields (except medical and some other fields).
- Can we redesign the system?: Government will study all factors viz. total population, number of students, market requirement, future trend and all relevant factors. Then they will decide number of colleges, approval/cancellation of colleges, seat distribution, etc.
- Syllabus: From very long time many people are raising many complaints that curriculum of higher education is not updating with time. Students are studying many outdated subjects. For all programs, make 25% of the courses (subjects) compulsory and remaining 75% elective. In each programs there will be many sub domains. Students are going to select subjects as per their choice/interest.
- Drug Addiction, Book reading habit: More than 90% students in engineering colleges are not going to purchase/ refer/ follow text books/ reference books preferred by their respective universities!!. Proper Counseling is required by teachers, parents, professional counselors, BBC Volunteers etc.
- Academic Calender : January to December:- The difference is of 160 days. Every year cut 16 days (from winter vacations/ summer vacations/ holidays). In 10 years it will make it up.
Simple Solution to Costly Education:
Note: It is just a Scenario. Need some customization.
Can we come together and start a school. Scenario: Pre-Primary School in Urban areas: Approximate Initial Investment is: 10L (2L Franchisee, 1L Building Deposit, 5L Furniture, 1.5L Electronics - TV, Computers, Projectors, Sound Systems & 0.5L others).
20Volunteers * 50K = 10L
Invest from your savings or take loan from bank.
Expenditure: 1.1L/month 13.2L/annum
2 teachers: 40k
Morning and Afternoon sessions:
(15+15)*2 = 60 students
Collect 25k from each Student. 60*25k=15L
Every year you can withdraw 1L (Your initial investment). So in 10 Years you will get back your invested amount.
Remaining 80K will be used towards Franchisee Fees (Per student per year fees). If the franchisee is from government, you can use that amount for your use.
- Fees/Student: Just 25K. Current cost varies from 45K to 1.5L
- Curriculum, teacher training and other responsibilities will be with franchisees.
- We can pay good salary to teachers (i.e 20K/month). Currently on an average teacher are getting 4.5-8K/month (in some of the private schools).
- 20 People (On rotation basis) can manage the institution effectively.
- Teacher : Student ratio is 1:15 (2 shifts, same teachers)
- Class Room : Student ratio is 1:15 (2 shifts, same classrooms)
- In the evening and during vacations you can rent out (or use for other works) your building to relevant people (vocational trainers, tuition teachers etc).
In the same way 100’s of people will come together and can start primary, High Schools, Jr. Schools etc.
The secret of education lies in respecting a student.