- Fast and Efficient Process.
- Less Expensive. Fewer Burdens. Saves huge amounts of public Money and Man Power.
- No any eligible voter will lose his right.
- Vote from anywhere facility and Greater Voter Turnout.
- No any Frauds (like missing names, tender voting, booth capturing etc.) are possible.
- No any documentation work is required.
- Super Faster and more Accurate Election Results.
- Right to Recall Facility: To root out political corruption.
- The complete system is True; Transparent and completely secure.
- First step: Seed all Voter IDs with Aadhar Cards.
- Elections will be held simultaneously throughout India for all constituencies and for all types (i.e from Gram Panchayat to Lokasabha).
- People can vote to his/her constituency anywhere from India.
- Total of three officers (Say O1, O2 and O3) are required for each Polling booth. Some booths may have multiple AEVMs.
- I being a voter reach to any of my nearby voting booth. O2 receives me. He asks me to put my thumb impression on biometric machine. It will be connected to Aadhar database. It will identify me.
- After successful authentication I will go towards AEVMs. I will find list of candidates for my constituency. I will mark my vote on AEVM for all elections (Gram Panchayat, Panchayat Samiti, Zilla Parishad, Nagar Parishad, Mahanagar Palika, VidhanSabha, LokaSabha etc).
- After my voting is done, I will come out of voting booth. No ink marking is required. If I go again for voting, system will deny me to vote again.
- After election process, ECI will generate results. Next day morning ECI will publicly announce the results with all statistics and graphs.
O1: Head of Voting Booth.
O2: Receives Voter and Verify Genuineness of Candidature.
O3: Security Officer (Police). Helper is not required.
AEVMs : Advanced EVMs.
* AEVMs are high speed computers (with inbuilt large monitors, great battery backup and special firmware) specially designed for voting purpose.
* AEVMs are connected to ECI’s Secure Cloud Servers.
* Multiple levels of securities can be added to complete system so that nobody should do any harm to the system.
* Candidate Name, Photo, Party Symbol etc will be displayed (In English, Hindi & Regional Language) on AEVMs. Voter need to vote to anyone with the help of special stylus or finger. After voting proper acknowledgement messages (completed, thank you etc) will be shown to voters.
- AEVM Investment and system development cost is of one time.
- No or very little training is required for staff. No manpower is required for counting. No investment in stationary. No any documentation work is required.
- ECI need to link all voter IDs and aadhar cards. Individuals can do it from their home. They need to enter aadhar number and voter ID number. If names are same in both cases, they will be linked. OTP authentication can also be used. Following convention can be used. Each voter will be assigned 13 digits ID. First three digits indicate Lokasabha Constituency Number (101 to 643). Next three digits indicate VidhanSabha Constituency number (for ex. 101 to 503). Next three digits indicate Part Number and last four digits indicate serial number of voter.
- After linking all voter IDs, ECI will stop voter ID campaign. New voters no need to register with ECI. Aadhar card registration is enough. ECI only need to monitor voter list.
Case 1: 18+, No Voter ID, No Aadhar Card
No need to register with ECI. Get Aadhar card. During Aadhar registration, your all details along with Lokasabha Constituency number, Vidhansabha Constituency number and Part number will be collected (as per your address) and Serial number (next available) will be generated. Your name will be added automatically in the voter list.
Case 2: 18+, Having Voter ID, No Aadhar Card
Get Aadhar card. During Aadhar registration, your all details along with Lokasabha Constituency number, Vidhansabha Constituency number, Part number and Serial number will be collected (as per your address). Your both accounts will be linked.
Case 3: Less than 18, Having Aadhar Card
Go to Aadhar centre and update your details. The required details are Lokasabha Constituency number, Vidhansabha Constituency number and Part number (as per your address). The day you turn 18 your Serial number will be generated. Your name will be added automatically in the voter list. If you turn 18 today (suppose Friday), you can vote in tomorrow’s (Saturday’s) election (if there are any). If the elections are held for two days (say Saturday and Sunday) and if you turn 18 on Saturday, you can vote on Sunday.
Case 4: Less than 18, No Aadhar Card
Get Aadhar card. During aadhar registration, your all details along with Lokasabha Constituency number, Vidhansabha Constituency number, Part number will be collected (as per your address). The day you turn 18 your Serial number will be generated. Your name will be added automatically in the voter list.
- If you want to change constituency, go to Aadhar center and produce valid address proof documents and get it changed.
- During voting no any ID card (Voter ID, Aadhar, Pan Card etc) is required for any voter. Biometric (In some cases Iris) recognition is enough.
- No Postal Voting facility. All the staff (O1 to O3 and others) can vote from their polling booth where they got election duties. Polling booths can also be established in military campuses (army/navy/air force people can vote), at major bus stands, railway stations, if possible in some trains, airports, big hospitals, large societies, government offices and quarters etc.
- In India, Approximate Voters: 90Cr. Approximate Polling Booths: 6Lakhs. Approximate AEVMs: 1.5Million. (In some crowd areas there will be multiple AEVMs in one polling booth). Average: 90Cr/1.5m=600 Votes/AEVM. For some cases range may reach around 900-1000. 18+2 Lakhs man power (6l*3=18Lakhs; 2Lakh Top Officers & Reserve).
- For the first time election will be held for some small elections (say corporations or by-elections). Initially Voter Veriﬁable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) can also be used on trial basis for verification purpose. After confirmation this feature will be dropped. Here we will come to know about the flaws and run time problems. Then we can update the system accordingly.
- For the first one or two times, elections will be held for two days (if required). Once it becomes familiar to all (voters and officers), then it will be held in only one day.
- Political parties will distribute B forms through corporate portal. To contest in elections, political party supported candidate will apply through national portal. Independent candidates need to go through traditional system. (national/corporate portals: refer next topics)
- Feature (Future Implementation): We can identify people those who have voted and not voted. We can ask the voter for reason. If explanation is unsatisfactory, voter will be fined. Penalty may include discontinuation of some subsidies like LPG, can’t contest in elections for 5-6 years etc. No manual intervention. System based. Automatic. This feature can be applied in the future if required.
The Right To Recall Facility:
The term for elected member representative is for 5 years. In the middle, we can provide Right To Recall Facility to call back the elected member representative, if voters feel that elected member representative failed to perform his duties properly.
When It can be initiated?: After 2.5 Years.
Process: For every 5 years there will be general combined elections. After 2.5 years, there will be another election and the name is CallBack election. The same polling booths, man power, same arrangements etc. I being a voter reach to polling station. I will put my thumb impression and move towards AEVM. I will see only one screen. I will find names of all elected member representatives for my all constituencies and in front of that two squares (one is green and another is red). If I want to CallBack my elected member representative, I will press Red (0) square else Green (1). Now many people voted. CallBack election is over. If there are more green votes then that particular elected member representative is safe. If not, he is going to lose his membership. Then who will be in his place? Go back to results of general combined elections. The person who got second highest votes will become new member representative. If required national portal can be used for implementing this feature. There are many solutions/ways to implement CallBack facility after all it is playing with data. Above mentioned is one. We can choose the best one after getting suggestions from experts of this field.
* Any problems/questions/difficulties? And we have solutions to all of them. * Many features can be added to this system.
- Voter Education
- Load Balancing
Voter Education: People adapted from ballot to EVM in very quick time. Voting on AEVM is easier than EVM. ECI and volunteers need to provide voter education about new system. There will be no any difficulties for people those who are using smart phones and computers. They can complete entire voting process in 35-40 seconds. We need to train remaining people. Some ways are: arranging campaigns, we can provide them trainings and allow them to do practice on dummy machines, demo voting, official demo hybrid voting apps etc.
Load balancing: Cloud, Mirrors, Load Balancing Algorithms etc.
- Blockchain Technology.
- Multiple layers of securities.
- Biometric verification (in some rare cases: Iris) is used to confirm genuineness of voter.
- BEL (or ECIL) will develop special firmware for AEVMs. Only BEL (or ECIL) will manufacture AEVMs.
- MAC and location based verifications. Location based: AEVMs and ECIs servers can be accessed only from previously decided locations.
- Key Points: Dedicated Communication Satellites, Cryptography, Cloud Servers and Mirrors etc. These are common cautions and other techniques will be discussed with relevant authorities.
- Also Read Topic: 10 (Digital Security under Centralized Super-Fast Crucial Topics)